Diani boasts a wide range of resorts, hotels, B&Bs and budget stays. From the backpacker to the luxury traveler, everyone can find the ideal retreat.
A foodie’s heaven, eat al fresco at various local cafés serving the best of local fresh Swahili dishes or enjoy a luxurious seafood platter in one of the highly rated international restaurants.
There is plenty to do in and around Diani, on, off and above water. Take a day trip out on an original dhow boat to Wasini Island to look for dolphins and sea turtles. For a small adventure take a glass bottom boat or small fishermen’s dhow to the sandbank and marvel at the fantastic underwater world. Go a bit deeper into the ocean and dive with one of the PADI certified diving companies in Diani. The constant trade winds make Diani a top spot for kite surfers and windsurfers.
– Full day snorkeling adventure with life jackets, snorkeling gear and sea food lunch at Wasini Island (park fees included):
Ksh 4500 pp
– Pilipipa Dhow Safari Luxury Sailing experience, snorkelling in Kisite Mpunguti Marine Park, return transport and park fees: Ksh 6500
– Jet ski: Ksh 6,000 per jet ski for 30 mns (2 seater)
– Scuba Diving: Ksh 22,000 for 2 dives and with an instructor for 1st-timers. (diving equipment included)
– Kayaking: Ksh 1,200 for one hour
– Colobus Monkey conservation tour (Ksh 750 of which Ksh 500 is a donation per person) for a 45 minute tour
– Shimba Hills Waterfall Hike: Ksh 1000 per person (park fees included). Excluding transport.
– Wind Surfing for beginners: Ksh 3000 per person (1 hour)
– Standup Paddle Boarding: Ksh 2000 per person (1 hour)
– CSR visit. Kenya Kesho School for Girls
– Ali Barbour’s Cave: You have to book before hand.
– Skydiving – 35,000. Take it to the sky for the thrill seeking; skydiving down onto the pristine beach is a fantastic adventure.
– Game drive at Shimba Hills or Sundowner – 4000 per person with return transfers
A trip to Shimba Hills, the only coastal national park that is home to the endangered Sable Antelope, are some of the many options waiting to be explored.